- 2020 Annual Meeting of the Society Comes to an EndThe 2020 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Comparative Law held online on October 15 and October 16, 2020, was a big success. The meeting had 26 panels with over 100 speakers from over 20 countries, and about 400 people from the six continents registered. We want to thank… Read more »
- The Role of Comparative Law in the Social SciencesOn Saturday, September 12, the American Society of Comparative Law will hold its online conference on The Uses of Comparative Law in the Social Sciences. A group of distinguished social scientists will present papers explaining how comparative law figures in their research. Commentary will be provided by comparative law scholars… Read more »
- Registration open for 2020 Online Annual Meeting, October 15–16Registration is now open for the Annual Meeting of the American Society Comparative Law on Thursday and Friday, October 15 and 16, 2020. The meeting will be held on the Zoom platform. Almost 100 comparative law scholars will speak at the meeting, the main topic of which will be Comparative… Read more »
- Annual Meeting to Move OnlineThe Society’s Executive Committee, following the recommendation of our Annual Program Committee, has decided that the 2020 annual meeting, which was to have been held at Boston University October 15–17, will now take place online, October 15–16, on the Zoom meeting platform. Please mark your agendas. This decision was made… Read more »
- ASCL Annual Meeting Set for Oct. 15–17 in BostonSAVE THE DATE. ASCL Vice President and Annual Program Committee Chair, Maximo Langer, has announced that the ASCL 2020 Annual Meeting will be hosted at Boston University School of Law, Thursday, Oct. 15, to Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020. The theme of the 2020 Meeting will be “Comparative Legal History”. As… Read more »
- Role of Comparative Law in Social Sciences — September 12, 2020The Role of Comparative Law in the Social Sciences — Online, September 12, 2020….Update July 7 2020 ….On Saturday, September 12, 2020, the American Society of Comparative Law will hold a conference on the role of comparative law in the social sciences. Nine distinguished social scientists will present papers explaining how comparative law figures… Read more »
- ASCL has a new Executive AssistantPresident Richard Kay has announced the appointment of Christina Roux as the new Executive Assistant for the American Society of Comparative Law.The Executive Assistant plays a critical role in the administration of the Society, managing many of its activities, records and finances. Christina is currently Senior Administrative Program Coordinator at… Read more »
- ASCL Completes Successful 2019 Meeting at Mizzou Law SchoolThe ASCL held its annual meeting October 17–19 at the University of Missouri Law School in Columbia, Missouri. The academic program was-wide ranging, dealing with many current legal issues examined from the comparative perspective. The principal theme, “Comparative Law and International Dispute Resolution,” was explored in two plenary panels that… Read more »
- ASCL Annual MeetingASCL 2019 Annual Meeting (Oct. 17–19) —We would like to encourage everyone to register for the annual meeting to take place October 17–19, 2019 at the University of Missouri School of Law in Columbia, Missouri.The three-day event is generally organized into the following tracks:Works-in-Progress Conference (Thursday, October 17);Plenary and Concurrent Panels (Friday,… Read more »
- ASCL 2019 Annual MeetingThe American Society of Comparative Law 2019 Annual Meeting will be held on October 17–19, 2019 at the University of Missouri, School of Law in Columbia, Missouri. The ASCL is honored to cooperate with the University of Missouri Center for the Study of Dispute Resolution in hosting this important and… Read more »
JOINT AIDC/YCC YOUNG SCHOLARS CONFERENCE UNIVERSITÀ DEGLI STUDI DI PERUGIA JUNE 5-6, 2020 “NEW TOPICS AND METHODS IN COMPARATIVE LAW RESEARCH”
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Italian Association of Comparative Law (AIDC)
the Younger Comparativists Committee (YCC) of the American Society of Comparative Law (ASCL)
are pleased to invite submissions for the
Trans-Atlantic Young Scholars Conference to be held on June 5-6, 2020
at the University of Perugia
This call solicits essays in the field of the general theme of the conference from young scholars (PhD students, post-docs, adjunct professors, lecturers), provided that they have not held a tenure-track academic position before June 1, 2010 (i.e., for more than 10 years as of June 1, 2020).
A 300 word abstract, in Italian or in English, should be submitted by
December 10th , 2019
as attachment to
Abstracts must be in Word or RTF format, and should contain:
- email address
- title of abstract
- body of abstract
- up to 10 keywords
In the email, the author should certify that she/he qualifies as a younger scholar.
The title of the file should be written as follows: Family Name_ First Name.doc. The Organising Committee shall acknowledge receipt and respond to all paper proposals submitted. Papers will be selected following rigorous peer review process by an Academic Committee composed by representatives from the Italian Society of Comparative Law and the YCC of the American Society of Comparative Law. Scholars whose papers have been accepted will need to register in advance at the conference.
The University of Perugia, foundedin 1308, is located in the heart of Italy, in the Umbria region and is one of the top academic institutions in Italy, always striving to maintain its reputation for excellence and to keep up with the ever-changing reality of the modern world.
Further logistical information will be provided with the provisional programme of the conference.
The previous editions of the AIDC’s Young Comparative Scholars Conference were held in Macerata (2008), Catania/Enna (2010), Aosta (2012), Rome (2014), Campobasso (2016) and Bergamo (2018).
Please address any inquiries to the above indicated e-mails.
The 2020 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Comparative Law held online on October 15 and October 16, 2020, was a big success. The meeting had 26 panels with over 100 speakers from over 20 countries, and about 400 people from the six continents […]
Farrah Ahmed, Richard Albert & Adam Perry, Judging Constitutional Conventions, 17 Int’l J. Const. L. 787 (2019) Richard Albert, Carlos Bernal & Juliano Zaiden Benvindo, Constitutional Change and Transformation in Latin America(Oxford, Hart Publishing, 2019) Richard Albert, Menaka Guruswamy & Nishchal Basnyat, Founding Moments in Constitutionalism (Oxford, Hart Publishing, […]
During its Annual Meeting on October 16th-19th 2019 at the University of Missouri, School of Law, the Prizes Committee of the American Society of Comparative Law awarded its Annual Prizes. Here is the statement of the Prizes Committee, composed by Jorge Esquirol, Julia Qin, John […]